Kendall Martin Art History Lectures
Time & Location
About the Event
Kendall Martin, who has become Seacoast’s resident local art history professor over the past few years, will present a Fall lecture series on American artists. The series will be held at 10 a.m. on Friday mornings at the Seacoast Gallery. The lectures are free, and Seacoast members are urged to attend.
For this series, Kendall has selected a diverse group of artists, in large part because the artists in our Guild also represent a wide range of art diversity.
The series schedule:
- Thomas Eakins, painter, Sept. 27
- Winslow Homer, painter, Oct. 11
- The Hudson River School, Oct. 18 (including Thomas Cole, Frederick Church and several other standout artists)
- Dorothea Lange, photographer, Oct. 25
- Louise Nevelson, sculptor, Nov. 1